Hi Don,

Sorry not an answer but an update on CentOS 6.

On 11/9/20 7:24 PM, Don Lewis wrote:
For 4.2.0, we are talking about building on CentOS 7.  Therefore some of
platforms that we currently support won't support 4.2.0, in particular
CentOS 5, which is currently EOL and CentOS 6, which is still supported
upstream, at least for now the last time I looked.
CentOS 6.1 EOL is Nov 30, 2020 on their site.

If a user is running on an older platform, it would seem to be unhelpful
for them to be notified about 4.2.x releases, but we would want them to
see a possible 4.1.9 release.  Users on newer platforms should be
steered towards 4.2.x.

Thoughts?