Hi Jörg,

I am not sure what you refer to. The documentation has no influence on backward compatibility.

According to current rules for Version numbers we must bump the first digit if we do an API change.

So for Version 5 we must provide a Documentation a Version 4 Documentation and a Version 5 Documentation.

I think even if Version 5 is backward compatible with Version 4, the documentation should be per Main Version.

I am fighting that we stick to the rule. (Actually I whish we only change the first Digit if we have an API change. Which is a clear signal to anyone what he has to look out for.

Current rules have a loophole to bumb for a majore release for features. Which I do not see the benefit in. But this is maybe a different discussion)

It would be beneficial if we update the documentation with each release, allowing a process that the documentation improves.

I think that means at current release speed we update API Documentation once / twice a year. Which should not be to much effort?

I would not see documentation update as a blocker to a release thought. Maybe even not part on the Release itself. But I think it is smart

to have both process in sync.

I think Arrigos Idea is a good one.

All the best

Peter