Malte Timmermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I like leak detection, but I think inheritance is not so useful here,
> because you can't simply add leak detection to a class 'on demand',
> without compiling all following modules.
>
> We already have some leak detection in tools/debug.hxx:
> DBG_CTOR and DBG_DTOR.
> Together with DBG_CHECKTHIS, you can also use it to check if your object
> is still valid.
>
> Advantage: No inheritance
> (Small) Disadvantage: Manually put DBG_CTOR/DTOR in all ctors and dtors.

Hi Malte,

in the world of namespaces, these macros look broken. Besides that,
having to manually put macros all over the place might be as big a
disadvantage as deriving privately (which is a single, isolated
modification) - IMHO, the latter is much less of a problem, because
the compiler does the work for you.

Cheers,

--

Thorsten

If you're not failing some of the time, you're not trying hard enough.