Hello Malte,

> I like leak detection, but I think inheritance is not so useful here,
> because you can't simply add leak detection to a class 'on demand',
> without compiling all following modules.

There is no need to recompile derived classes/modules, because the
LeakGuard-ed class references only static data and has no vtable.
Nevertheless, IMO leak detection has to be thoroughly considered during
programming, same as you add OSL_ASSERTs to your code, so there ought to
be little need for on-demand leak detection.

> We already have some leak detection in tools/debug.hxx:
> DBG_CTOR and DBG_DTOR.
> Together with DBG_CHECKTHIS, you can also use it to check if your object
> is still valid.
>
> Advantage: No inheritance
> (Small) Disadvantage: Manually put DBG_CTOR/DTOR in all ctors and dtors.

I really don't like macros, and IMO it is much more elegant to just
inherit the LeakGuard feature without thinking about constructors and
destructors.

> So maybe you would like to extend the things we already have in tools...

This would not solve the need for lower level modules, e.g. UDK modules.

regards,
-Daniel