Stefan Keller wrote:
> Would'nt it be worthwhile to rewrite everything in a single well known
> language (like Ruby or Java)?

The reason for the rewrite to C(++) of common used tools within OSM (api
server/editor) is purely performance and not a prototype language like
Python, Ruby. Or a language that is cross platform but is memory hungry
as Java.

Next to this. I don't know if you actually try to setup an API server
yourself ;) But I think you will be shocked how much time the 'official'
builds will take you ;) Yes I am biased, but also capable to setup a new
server within the download time of the planetfile ;)

Stefan