Philipp Borgers wrote:

we use api, xapi, nominatim with a little proxy script written in php.
We use memcache for caching. It's far from perfect... ;)

Nice. For anybody providing their own map, this would be a good proxy script instead of the current suggested CGI version. Could you update the proxy page in the wiki adding your script there? Could you also add a small description how to install the memcache PECL extension, I guess not everyone is familiar with that.

Memcache won't be useable for all the mappers getting their data. IMO we need to go for a solution which truely can be used as an alternate XAPI server.

Wyo