btw, more discussion on the groups concept at
https://github.com/osmlab/osm-planning/issues/1
Personally, I think that https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index has
picked up a lot of what "groups" were intended to cover (a system for defining
location based ones anyway). I don't think replicating forum type functionality
directly in osm.org is valuable. What could be cool is a way to associate your
user with communities in the index, and then get filtered views of mapping and
user activity, and links to communication channels.
On the topic of spending money on development, I don't speak for the Board
here, but I don't see why we wouldn't at least entertain any serious proposal
put forward (and by that I mean specifics on what would be built, evidence of
discussion and by in by community, what kind of resources it would take). This
kind of thing may also perfectly fit within microgrants (which we still want to
do, but also need the time to finalize).
-Mikel
* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

    On Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 4:29:16 AM EDT, Jiri Vlasak