OK, many thanks for that - good to know that there's prior precedent.

Thanks,

Nick

________________________________
From: Jóhannes Birgir Jensson <j...@betra.is>
Sent: 01 August 2019 15:21:56
To: Nick Whitelegg <nick.whitel...@solent.ac.uk>; dev Openstreetmap
<dev@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] Use of OSM API for non-editing third party applications

My data quantifier concept tool does use OSM authentication for logins and does
not edit OSM data (http://osm.hlidskjalf.is/ ).

I never read anything where it said that OSM-auth was only for editing. So I
have worked on the assumption that the answer would be yes, you can piggyback.

-- Jói / Stalfur

1. ágúst 2019 kl. 11:58, skrifaði "Nick Whitelegg"