In the OAuth authentication you get the display name and ID of the OSM user,
you can then use that OSM ID to mark the users contributions in your own db.
2. ágúst 2019 kl. 11:41, skrifaði "Nick Whitelegg" <nick.whitel...@solent.ac.uk
(mailto:nick.whitel...@solent.ac.uk?to=%22Nick%20Whitelegg%22%20<nick.whitel...@solent.ac.uk>)>:
 In the light of this discussion, and to follow up my original email, one thing
I would want to do is associate uploaded panoramas with user IDs, for which I
would need the OSM user details API. I would need this to only allow a given
user to rotate or move their own panoramas, and not other users'. I presume
this would be acceptable (if mentioned on an appropriate privacy policy)?  I
tried to play around with Mapillary to see how they handle OSM authentication
but I'm not sure whether it's working correctly- as when I am returned to
Mapillary after authentication with OSM, I get the error "User does not exist".
 Nick
------------------------------------
  From: Colin Smale <colin.sm...@xs4all.nl (mailto:colin.sm...@xs4all.nl)>
Sent: 02 August 2019 10:15:45
To: dev@openstreetmap.org (mailto:dev@openstreetmap.org) <dev@openstreetmap.org
(mailto:dev@openstreetmap.org)>; Tigerfell <tigerfell-...@tuta.io
(mailto:tigerfell-...@tuta.io)>; Jóhannes Birgir Jensson <j...@betra.is
(mailto:j...@betra.is)>
Cc: dev Openstreetmap <dev@openstreetmap.org (mailto:dev@openstreetmap.org)>
Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] Use of OSM API for non-editing third party applications
Now you are confusing authentication with authorisation.
On 2 August 2019 10:07:19 BST, Tigerfell <tigerfell-...@tuta.io
(mailto:tigerfell-...@tuta.io)> wrote:
  Not necessarily, the API calls user/details
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6#Details_of_the_logged-in_user
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6#Details_of_the_logged-in_user))
and user/preferences
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6#Preferences_of_the_logged-in_user
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6#Preferences_of_the_logged-in_user))
 are used by some services to provide login and user organisation.  Tigerfell
Aug. 2, 2019, 2:14 a.m. by j...@betra.is (mailto:j...@betra.is):  Hello Martin.
 I'm afraid you are confusing two different things.  The relevant page for
authentication is this one  https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OAuth
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OAuth)   This is a totally different thing
from the editing API.  Cheers, Jói  1. ágúst 2019 kl. 21:45, skrifaði "Martin
Koppenhoefer" <dieterdre...@gmail.com
(mailto:dieterdre...@gmail.com?to=%22Martin%20Koppenhoefer%22%20<dieterdre...@gmail.com>)>:

 sent from a phone   On 1. Aug 2019, at 16:21, Jóhannes Birgir Jensson
<j...@betra.is (mailto:j...@betra.is)> wrote:  I never read anything where it
said that OSM-auth was only for editing. So I have worked on the assumption
that the answer would be yes, you can piggyback.
it’s written here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API#Terms_of_use
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API#Terms_of_use)
Cheers Martin