From: Colin Smale <colin.sm...@xs4all.nl>
Sent: 02 August 2019 10:15:45
To: dev@openstreetmap.org <dev@openstreetmap.org>; Tigerfell
<tigerfell-...@tuta.io>; Jóhannes Birgir Jensson <j...@betra.is>
Cc: dev Openstreetmap <dev@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] Use of OSM API for non-editing third party applications

Now you are confusing authentication with authorisation.

On 2 August 2019 10:07:19 BST, Tigerfell <tigerfell-...@tuta.io> wrote:
Not necessarily, the API calls
user/details
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6#Details_of_the_logged-in_user) and
user/preferences
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6#Preferences_of_the_logged-in_user)
 are used by some services to provide login and user organisation.

Tigerfell

Aug. 2, 2019, 2:14 a.m. by j...@betra.is:
Hello Martin.

I'm afraid you are confusing two different things.

The relevant page for authentication is this one
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OAuth

This is a totally different thing from the editing API.

Cheers,
Jói

1. ágúst 2019 kl. 21:45, skrifaði "Martin Koppenhoefer"