Bertrand,

Only those with "Admin" access, or have been delegated as a "Maintainer"
by the org. owner (i.e., Apache Infra.), can "Manage topics" or change
repo. description many plus other process control settings as per
https://help.github.com/articles/repository-permission-levels-for-an-organization/

AFAIK, there are no Committers for OW repos. with the "maintainer" (Admin)
role.  If someone was granted either by Infra. I would love to know
that...  they would see "Settings" link/button at the top and see an
"Edit" button next to the description.

As you can see the Committers group many have been added to by Infra has
"Write" access against the referenced table, not "Admin" access.
https://github.com/orgs/apache/teams/openwhisk-committers  (BTW, only
Committers can view this Team).

If you create using GitBox (i.e.,
https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/newrepo.html) it only allows for a
description and no way to request topics/tags. Sometimes a submitter for a
new repo. using this form forgets to request a description <or> it is not
always reflected in the creation by the fulfiller.  The process Infra.
asked me to follow last year was to submit a JIRA issue and INFRA asked
that one comprehensive one (requesting changes across all repos.) be
created so we can adjust just once.

At this point, I think I will just do that and be done with it later today
after meetings.

-mr