Hi all,

For the implementation of the feature discussed I see two open questions:

 *  How are Markers, In/Outs adressed in TIA?

 *  If we have the {width-identifier} it would be sufficient to use only INT,
UNIT, REAL, ... because a LINT is just an INT with width D. Is it  easier for
the user this way or is it easier to enter just the datatype TIA prints?

To question 1:

The planned Syntax for DBs is:

%DB{db-number}.DB{width-identifier}{byte-offset}(.{bit-offset})?:{plcType}

How is it for the other "Special" Memory regions?

Could we extend it to

%{memory-region}{db-number}.DB{width-identifier}{byte-offset}(.{bit-offset})?:{plcType}

or is there another syntax used in TIA for Markers, Inputs, Outputs, ... ?

To question 2:

Although it is redundant I tend for

%DB3.DBDx:DINT

which is redundant because the "width-indicator" already indicates that it is a
double word, i.e., 32 bit.

Thus, one could in theory also write

%DB3.DBDx:INT

allowing the user to skip redundant information.

But, this seems error prone for me and such a "wrong" input as in the second
example should lead to an exception instead of an automatic adaption.

The first solution especially emphasizes that the connection / address String
is really what an S7 programmer sees in his TIA program.

What do you think?

Julian