Hi all,

As some of you may know (not sure if it was on the list) I hacked together a
bridge between Netty 4 and Serial Port connectivity.
I opened a discussion on the (somehow inofficial and half-deprecated) Netty dev
list and already got a response from Norman (main maintainer of Netty, I
think), see [1].
They would prefer to have the code not there (I would prefer to have it there)
so I will create a module in PLC4X to host it there for now.
Although it could even be in a separate repo (bc it could be used by others
then PLC4X) its easiest to have it here with LEGAL and all that stuff (than in
a separate repo of mine or so).

Any comments or objections (other than if I look at the raw sockets impl) ?

Julian

PS.: Yes Chris, I’ll look at raw sockets when I’m done with that :P

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/netty/VkuE-IbURvc