Hi Julian,

I agree, that having the netty team support that, would be the best option, but
as far as I understood you, they don't want to. So I thought that option would
be off the table.
I thought the options on the table were:
- You Maintain and Release it outside of Apache
- We create a dedicated repo and handle it there (Perhaps as sub-project)
- We build something that is just usable in PLC4X and have it as part of the
project
- We build something that's also generally usable and in addition add the glue
to integrate it into PLC4X and have both in the project

And I am in strong favor of the last option.

If the option of the Netty project hosting, maintaining and releasing it isn't
off the table, then I'm in +1000000 for going down that path.

Chris