> > It isn't hard to find quotes on the Apache site that firmly lean the
> other way on this, eg:
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#license
> >
> > "Which Files Must Contain An ASF License Text?
> >
> > Every source file must contain the appropriate ASF License text."
>
> That's interesting, it seems they have contradictory information on the
> site. Or at least ambiguous information.
>
> Andrew

I didn't notice (no pun intended) at the time, but the other quote is actually
contradicted too:

> As a contrast "Applying the Apache License, Version
> 2.0" ( http://apache.org/dev/apply-license.html ) says
> "Apache projects MUST include correct NOTICE documents in
> every distribution."

The other page you linked has:

"NOTICE file

0. Every Apache distribution should include a NOTICE file in the top directory,
along with the standard LICENSE file."

As such I don't think the website can be taken as definitive grounds to proceed
or not, and recommend that if you are absolutely against running the script
right now the one last time required to get rid of the issue, then we need to
simply take this to legal-discuss to get a definitive answer from a human
before distributing it.

Robbie