On 2/9/18, 3:38 PM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> I only found one copyright.  Where are the others?
>
>There’s 2 in the ASFCopyrightAttributionAndLinks.as file I believe. Might
>be another I would need to double check.
>
>Found via:
>find . -type f -exec grep "2017" {} \; -print
>
>> Is it just coincidence that you look for this stuff when we start a
>>release?
>
>I was looking for copyright lines as part of my license check (find .
>-type f -exec grep -i “copyright" {} \; | sort -u) and come across it
>that way, I generally do a search for copyright lines and compare to the
>previous release to see if anything been added.  I’m sorry I missed it in
>the commits, it was just a couple of lines in a 4000 odd line commit
>email. [1] Like I said it's a very minor issue and there's no reason it
>should hold up this release.  I just mentioned it as it probably
>something that needs fixing even though it is a trivial thing. Do you
>want me to make a pull request to fix the issue?

No, because the point was to copy something published in 2017.  It is not
the copyright of the source code.  Understanding context helps.  As well
as not exaggerating how many you have found and being accurate as to what
folder you found them in.

LICENSE nitpicking should be done on the commits.  If you search for
copyright on the commits, maybe you'll find it sooner.  But you still have
to understand context before creating FUD.

-Alex