Having an Examples blog is a great thing.

I saw the calendar invite.  I couldn't see the calendar I think because
default to logging in under a different email and don't really want this
stuff mixed into to my default calendar.

My only concern is the scheduling.  IMO, scheduling is difficult with
volunteers.  Folks get busy with their $dayjob and may run out of time.
We should accept entries from anyone, even non-committers, at any time.
So what if we get a burst here and it goes quiet for a while?  Carlos, if
you want to volunteer to keep track of the last post date, then if a week
goes by without a new post you could ask on the mailing list for a
volunteer to write the next post.  And anyone reading this email is
welcome to write a post or suggest a topic.  That will likely be the
biggest question for me: what should I write about?

Anyway, thanks for getting this started.

My 2 cents,
-Alex