Quick note before I shut down for the night.

UIBase has both a typeNames and className property.  TypeNames is used to
emulate Flex-like type selectors in the CSS lookup.  It should be set in
the constructor and never set from outside the class.  There are a few
classes in Basic and lots of classes in MDL that should be upgraded to set
typeNames in the constructor.  Subclasses can append to the base class's
typeNames

className is the opposite.  It should never be set inside the component's
class.  It is for users of that component to set styles on the component.

Can we get a volunteer to clean this up?

Thanks,
-Alex