Hi Carlos,

I've been so busy trying to get a release out and Alina up and running
that I really haven't tried to understand why our current code is
insufficient for your needs.  Please explain it again or else maybe I will
discover it as I try to fix your other problems.

If you want to spend more time improving your solution, go ahead and post
the proposals in your branch so we can see the code.  I can't guarantee
that there isn't some solution that uses classList that will be better,
but realize that I've been told that Arrays are much slower than Strings
at times, as are any API calls with a variable number of parameters.  So
less code may not perform as well.

The fundamental problem is that an array can be modified (add, remove,
toggle?), but must retain a set of items (the typenames).

Also realize in JS you can cheat and replace a method if you really have
to have some functionality that you can't do some other way.  Making
method bodies pluggable adds an extra layer of function calling so we
don't normally do that.  But first, you have to code up a working solution
so we can see what can be shared and what needs to be abstracted.

I am so sad and frustrated that we have spent so much time on managing a
set of strings.  I just don't think we have the people power to continue
to seek perfection until it is truly needed by a user.

My 2 cents,
-Alex