It is surprising that compc appeared to succeed but didn't actually indicate
that it compiled anything.  But before we dig into that, I want to add my
thoughts to what Carlos suggested:  We would like you to simply further if
possible for this two to three week proof-of-concept (POC).

Ideally, you would have a test case so simple that wouldn't use compc at all.
It would use mxmlc, and reference some of your other library code via
source-path.  That should compile successfully and produce something you can
run and show that one screen.  That should work unless your library code has
heavy reliance on Flash APIs or other 3rd party APIs.

The command-line options you are using are not correct and too heavy for this
POC.  It looks like you are using the same options you needed for the
api-report but the goal there was to build a SWF using the Flex SDK but have
the Royale compiler generate the api-report.  But now that you are trying to
transpile something simple, you should try to start with a much different set
of command-line options.  Instead of using a flex-config.xml, you would start
by using the default, so remove that option.  And then to remove dependencies
on third-party libraries we haven't emulated yet, I would remove all of the
other -library-path and -external-library-path options and see which ones you
absolutely need for this simple POC.  And if you need some of those third-party
libraries, see if you can comment out the parts that rely on third-party stuff
for now.  And use mxmlc if you can avoid the need for a SWC.

HTH,
-Alex