I understand where the concerns are coming from and frankly have to admit
that Kakao members of the community are guilty as charged : (
I can think of a few reasons of why the project is not up to par regarding
working in the Apache Way:
  - committers having little development experience in ASF projects
  - committers sharing the same office
  - language barrier is an actual thing, too!
However, none the above reasons can be an excuse if S2Graph wants to become
a successful Apache project.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm confident that the committers are keen
believers in the Apache Way and solving this problem is a matter of more
care and practice.
Thank you for your kind advise, Sergio and Luke.

Regards,
Jo