Same feeling I have too, there's few discussions for others to participant
and exchange ideas.

Our experience from Apache Kylin, the core dev team was in same office, is
to bring such stuff to mailing list as much as possible. f2f discuss is a
great way but at least should raise some thread to let community know the
next step, the plan and architect/tech changes, so that everybody could
join. Then you could see the community is more active today with many new
contributors/committers and users.

Please let me know if I could help more.

Thanks.

Best Regards!

Luke Han