I’m not sure how critical or trivial these are, but I’d like to share some
issues:

1. StrongLabelDeleteTest.deleteAll fails randomly

First of all I have one test case that is failing, with the following log.

[info] StrongLabelDeleteTest:
[info] - Strong consistency select (274 milliseconds)
[info] - Strong consistency deleteAll (83 milliseconds)
[info] - update delete (10 seconds, 377 milliseconds)
[info] - update delete 2 (7 seconds, 611 milliseconds)
[info] - large degrees (83 milliseconds)
[info] - deleteAll *** FAILED *** (94 milliseconds)
[info]   false was not true (StrongLabelDeleteTest.scala:211)
[info]   org.scalatest.exceptions.TestFailedException:
[info]   at
org.scalatest.MatchersHelper$.newTestFailedException(MatchersHelper.scala:160)
[info]   at
org.scalatest.Matchers$ShouldMethodHelper$.shouldMatcher(Matchers.scala:6231)
[info]   at org.scalatest.Matchers$AnyShouldWrapper.should(Matchers.scala:6265)
[info]   at
org.apache.s2graph.core.Integrate.StrongLabelDeleteTest$$anonfun$9.apply$mcV$sp(StrongLabelDeleteTest.scala:211)
[info]   at
org.apache.s2graph.core.Integrate.StrongLabelDeleteTest$$anonfun$9.apply(StrongLabelDeleteTest.scala:181)
[info]   at
org.apache.s2graph.core.Integrate.StrongLabelDeleteTest$$anonfun$9.apply(StrongLabelDeleteTest.scala:181)
[info]   at
org.scalatest.Transformer$$anonfun$apply$1.apply$mcV$sp(Transformer.scala:22)

This is not entirely deterministic, as it sometimes succeeds, but most of the
time it fails with the stacktrace above.

If the test is dependent on some preconditions I think it’d be good to include
the initialization code that makes the precondition true.

The documentation lacks the comment that HBase must be running during the test;
maybe better to launch/stop HBase before/after the test?

2. asynchbase dependency in the POM

After running “sbt publishM2”, the resulting POM has the following entry as a
dependency,

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.hbase</groupId>
            <artifactId>asynchbase</artifactId>
            <version>1.7.2-S2GRAPH</version>
        </dependency>

but the resolution of any Maven project dependent on s2core fails because the
POM doesn’t contain https://github.com/SteamShon/asynchbase/raw/mvn-repo as an
additional Maven repository.

This can be fixed by manually adding the url as an additional Maven resolver in
the SBT settings, but generally it is not a good idea to use the Maven central
only rather than adding a custom repo.

This might not be a problem if we primarily focus on the S2Graph server
application in this release, but if we are uploading the S2Graph artifacts to
the Maven Central, e.g. to support the custom batch job development, this needs
to be fixed.

3. SBT root project depends on others but only aggregates s2core and s2rest_play

Currently the root SBT project only aggregates s2core and s2rest_play, and thus
any sbt command in the root directory, like compile, test, and publish, will be
only applied to those two.

4. Travis CI fails to resolve SBT dependencies

This is most likely a Travis CI issue; it fails while resolving some SBT
plugins: https://travis-ci.org/jongwook/incubator-s2graph/builds
<https://travis-ci.org/jongwook/incubator-s2graph/builds>

Jong Wook