I wrote that section in the README.md in mind that the majority will download
the binary distribution which will contain the content in the subdirectory,

The section “Building from the source” specifies that the distribution will be
created in target/apache-s2graph-$version-incubating-bin.

So I don’t think this is a blocker, but I agree that README.md can be even more
specific and it would be nice if start-s2graph.sh prints a helpful message if
it is launched in the source root.

Jong Wook