Hi Leonard,

On Monday, 2006-10-30 23:38:49 +0200, Leonard Mada wrote:

> >>[... interfacing to awk or other scripts ...]
> >
> >This sounds like a nice idea for an add-on component. Everything it
> >needs from Calc (basically just reading and writing cell content) is
> >available through the UNO API.
>
> I am sure of that, unfortunately I am not a programmer (and I am quite
> bussy, too, in order to learn the API myself). I would be glad if
> someone could implement this.

The core team is busy with other things.

> Kohei wrote: (regarding the FIND() function)
> >I would rather it returns -1 instead of 0 if the string is not found.

I don't know where Kohei wrote that or in what context, but the FIND()
spreadsheet function does return neither 0 nor -1, it returns an error
condition.

> However, the point is, a numerical value is far better than the "Error"
> message that the current function generates.

The error was chosen because "another" application does it the same.

> Hope this is fixed, too.

It's no bug.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 Please don't send personal mail to this [EMAIL PROTECTED] account, which I use