Hi,
I can think of at least one non public Jira whose links will break.
Archiving probably wont work as most links point to a line number, commit,
or something specific.

I guess we could just say tough, its too much effort to fix, anyone really
interested will find the information for themselves.

I see tomcat may have had the same issue. They just started a new repo for
each major version and left the old one as is.
Annother solution is to put a readme

Also, when you delete the apache/sling repo IIRC someone who forked it will
take over and all forks will point to them, or at least, thats what happend
when I deleted one of my repos. From memory it was the repo at the top of
the forks list [1] which seems to be [2], but it could be the first person
to fork, if you have the patience to go back through githubs record of the
network.

Best Regards
Ian

1 https://github.com/apache/sling/network/members