Thanks Bertrand,

good points - yes with switching to the feature model we will still have these. And I think we already have nearly everything in place for 3)

Regards
Carsten

On 25.03.2020 10:31, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:21 AM Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
...Add this point I'm a little bit unsure which way to go with the starter..

IMO the Starter has three purposes:

1) Provide a quick way to experiment with Sling
2) Be a living example of how to assemble your own variant of Sling
with just what you need
3) Run the sling-org-apache-sling-launchpad-testing integration tests

About 3), we're now adding integration tests in or closer to the
modules that they test and that's good.

However, those "old" integration tests are very important in testing
backwards compatibility so I think they need to continue to run and it
must be easy for us to inject the latest versions of all modules in
there.

As long as these 3 purposes are satisfied I'm fine and nowadays I
think 2) is more important than 1), so moving to the feature model
makes sense.

-Bertrand

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland