On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 4:24 PM Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 7:18 AM Stefan Sperling <s...@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> In order to signal our move to the new IRC service, I believe we should
>> mark our freenode channels as 'moved to libera.chat' in their topic lines,
>> as soon as we have consensus in this project that we indeed want to move.
>>
>> Are there any objections to this?
>

> No objection from me.
>
> Since channels exist on both services now, I think the freenode channels
> should be marked "deprecated" and kept around for some period of time; I have
> no particular suggestion on how long that should be, but I guess until the
> dust settles and we become confident that libera.chat is stable.

+1

I'm a bit slow picking up things these days (or maybe I've always been
slow :-)), but from what I can gather following this from a distance:
sure, migration to libera.chat sounds good (plus some form of
deprecation on freenode), and future avenues remain to be explored.

I'll get there on libera.chat someday in the future :-), but I'm happy
to see some of us have already made it there, and taken control of our
channels over there.

--
Johan