Den sön 23 maj 2021 kl 21:21 skrev Stefan Sperling <s...@apache.org>:

> On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 03:02:08PM +0200, Branko Čibej wrote:
> > Every time I hear (or read) someone explaining how "one of my companies
> is
> > funding this free service", I grab my wallet and run away. "Monetizing"
> > community-lead and -created services has been a thing since before the
> > Internet. This is probably no different.
>
> It is going downhill faster than I expected, with policy changes like this:
>
> https://github.com/freenode/web-7.0/pull/513/files#diff-0e382b024f696a3b7a0ff3bce24ae3166cc6f383d059c7cc61e0a3ccdeed522cL87
> You are now welcome to use political, racial, ethnic, religious or
> gender-related slurs on freenode. IRC trolls are going to love this.

There is still writing "We do NOT endorse or encourage discrimination on
the grounds of e.g. race, religion, gender or sexual preference [...]" so
it could be argued to be de-duplication.

I'm more worried about the other change in the same merge work. I'm
supposing that after a migration the #svn channel would be considered
abandoned and thus up for grabs by anyone? Is there anything that can be
done to mitigate the risk?

(I'm not following the events closely so I can't provide any input to the
direction to move).

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg