See if this idea would work?

We currently set a threadlocal variable inside the SCIM endpoint component,
to identify the SCIM service provider inside some of our implementations.
Can we improve this variable value to also identify the SCIM version? This
way the relevant listeners will check for the correct version and only
execute.

For management console operations we won't have a threadlocal set. In that
case one of the listeners (ideally SCIM2) will execute and do the necessary
changes to the user store, so that thereafter even if we do calls using
SCIM 1.1. it should work without a problem.

This way we are not coupling the listeners, each version works
independently, and management console will depend on latest version. Even
if tomorrow SCIM 3.0 comes out we don't need to change existing code :)

Anyone see any issue with this approach? Am I missing anything?

Regards,
Johann.

Thanks & Regards,

*Johann Dilantha Nallathamby*