Here are a few comments on the proposal of changes to the release process:

- It might be a better idea to preserve the HowToRelease document for future
reference, clone the document, and change the cloned document to reflect the
git commands rather than svn.
- We still need to modify Step 2 to be git oriented, otherwise it will look odd
that we have svn there.
- In Step 4, I thought that we had informally agreed to rely on the git log
rather than maintain the CHANGES.txt file. If we aren't all onboard with the
idea of stopping to use CHANGES.txt, then we need to discuss this separately.
- Steps 5 and 6: I'm not sure why the steps to produce the release notes
changes. We still resolve issues on jira which is pretty much the source of
data for the release notes.
- Step 10: I personally don't like using "git commit -a" unless you're pretty
sure that it is what you want. A much safer approach is to run "git status" and
"git add" to the individual files/directories.
- Step 11: Why are we tagging with -s? Is that standard practice in other
projects?

-Flavio