​​
Hi Rakesh,

I have comment on ZK-2622.

Took a look at the 'HowToRelease' using git page and have one minor comment:

2. "If not already done, merge desired patches from master into the branch
and commit these changes.
(...)
"

AFAIK merging from master to branch-3.4 would bring all those changes in
master and try to apply them to branch-3.4. This usuallys leads to lots of
conflicts and is not desirable. What I usually see in Cassandra commit
history is merging upwards: 2.2 -> 3.0 -> 3.1 -> master so that changes in
previous versions are
​ported​ to
 further releases
​: https://github.com/apache/cassandra/commits/trunk​

So
​,​
I would rephrase the "merge desired patches from master into branch and
commit those changes" to "cherry-pick desired commits from master into
branch". The act of merging/rebasing/cherry-picking auto commit the changes
on the target branch. If you want to avoid doing that then have to resort
to things like this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8640887/git-merge-without-auto-commit

BUT I AM NOT GIT EXPERT, so I feel free to ignore this suggestion.
​Further info​
 here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1241720/git-cherry-pick-vs-merge-workflow

​Best regards,