Hello,

We are working on on-demand backup and restore with streaming capability,
so different databases such as zookeeper and etcd can be backed up and
restored via a generic external management platform.  We would like to
contribute it to the community to benefit more users.

I noticed that some great work has been done in the backup and restore
area, specifically the following open PRs are very interesting.

1. ZOOKEEPER-3499:Add a complete backup mechanism for zookeeper
internal(admin server way) #1044  (
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1044)

2.  Add backup and restore with timetable #1883 (
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1883)

Instead of building another variant solution, I would like to see if we can
work together, combine different solutions and provide a generic one that
supports different use cases.

To facilitate the discussion, I opened the following two JIRA tickets for
our use case. I  would appreciate it if you could provide inputs or
comments.

Best,

Li