From: "Bruno Rodrigues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: reply to setting list request

Bruno Rodrigues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Adding Reply-To is opening a can of worms.
>
> Besides, unfortunatly lots of people use broken mail agents, broken mail
> servers and broken "vacation" scripts, and if you have Reply-To, you'll
> get NDR's, virus and vacation notices to the list instead of going to
> the
> sender, which is very bad.

For example, our friend Tony Rose:
-----------------
Hi,

I will be out of the office and unable to reply to e-mail until August
21st.

If you need to reach technical support please contact Karen Liu,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED], for business issues,
please contact Jim Queen, [EMAIL PROTECTED] or Paul Healy,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Best Regards,

Tony Rose

Please, can you all use decent mail systems, and this includes:
- Not using Outlook because it doesn't include In-Reply-To headers and
  completely breaks threading
- Not using broken vacation systems that replies to Precendende: list or
  bulk
- Not using broken mail systems that also delivers NDR's to these
  Precedences
- Not using broken vacation systems that always reply back - it should
  reply only once per From address, as a minimum functionality
- Not create a new thread by replying to an existing message, making
  your message appear inside a thread and certainly be ignored

"Let's all make these lists a better place."

Thanks ;)