Dne 28.10.2016 v 00:17 Kevin Kofler napsal(a):

>> * From time to time, there is necessary to build some framework, which
>> consist of several components which must be released together.
>> Currently, we either temporarily break Rawhide or we are asking for side
>> tag. But why not use koji for that? Users of stable releases are not
>> affected by incomplete builds, since the don't reach even the
>> update-testing without pushing via Bodhi.
> Users should be using a stable release, not Rawhide. Rawhide is for doing
> development, it is not meant to be used.

Was I speaking about Rawhide users? Broken dependencies and FTBFS are
pain for developers, not just users. And yes, I am annoyed by 'broken
dependencies' nag mails if compose kicks in in the middle of Ruby on
Rails update. I could prevent this if there is Bodhi and I could gate
the update. I would like to get rest during the update or there is
something more important that needs my attention, so I could interrupt
the work on the update just fine.

>> * And probably last think, why the Rawhide should be really exception?
>> Why we should not use Bodhi if we are using it anywhere else?
> Because it slows down the whole workflow. You would not be able to submit a
> build and move on, you would have to actually wait for it to complete and
> file an update.

This is likely first iteration. This could be improved later.

> You also would not be able to do any chain builds.

The tooling could submit the build overrides automatically. I don't see
a big problem here.

V.