On jueves, 27 de octubre de 2016 10:05:03 AM CDT Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:53:27PM +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> > * And probably last think, why the Rawhide should be really exception?
> > Why we should not use Bodhi if we are using it anywhere else?
> > Lets use Bodhi for Rawhide, where the submitted update would immediately
> > go into Rawhide, unless maintainer wishes some testing period.
> > Any comments on this topic?
>
> What if we leave Rawhide as it is, but create the new
> somewhat-better-than-Rawhide repo that Dennis Gilmore was talking about
> last year, and enable Bodhi on that? (The thing that I very desperately
> want to be named "Fedora Bikeshed".)
Anything but Rawhide, I can put my voice behind bikeshed :)

> In any case, I'm definitely concerned about the increased number of
> hoops. What if, when a build lands in Rawhide, a Bodhi update were
> automatically created for Bikeshed?
>
> It might be nice for the "fedpkg build" command line to take the
> "--type bugfix|enhancement|security" option so that could be passed on
> in some way.

What I would really like is to have in place automated testing such that we
detect breakages and deal with them as automatically as possible. setting up
side tags/targets and rebuilding what we can. the testing needs to be quick
and it needs to scale out, the close to the core of the OS universe the
greater the preasure for remaining working all the time is.

It would be nice to automatically make updates for stable Fedora, however for
development I would like to keep it as hassle free and smooth as possible. I
think the added weight of bodhi and buildroot overrides would become painful
for developers.

We could potentially look at triggering builds automatically based on commits
to git as well. it would mean you get a build failure if you push something
broken. collabaritve work could happen in branches/forks and via pull requests
in a pagure based front end.

We should look for ways to amke it simpler. and make Bikeshed be the rolling
release that developers live on. pushing only major bug fixes amd secuirty
fixes to stable releases.

Dennis