On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 20:43, Owen Taylor wrote:
[...]
> An example of where conditionals may be useful is when a library is
> bundled into a Flatpak - the rebuild for the flatpak could skip
> building the developer docs because they have complicated build
> dependencies (graphviz or whatever.) We'll have to see how frequent
> that is as we work through real examples.

The bundling thing is what I'm afraid of. If we don't make it a
requirement or at least a strong recommendation to unbundle libraries
from Flatpaks, then we'll end up with Android app store-like
ecosystem, where everyone bundles everything which is not in one of the
runtimes and even runtimes duplicate libraries between each other,
because it's easy and not forbidden. And since there's no easy way
to track bundled stuff inside Flatpaks, we're much worse off than
where we are with RPM packages currently.

Regards,
Dominik
RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org
"Faith manages."