On 4 September 2017 at 17:56, Neal Gompa <ngomp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It sounds like it would make more sense for createrepo_c to link to
> the AppStream builder library to handle AppStream metadata processing
> as part of the createrepo_c repodata generation, wouldn't it?

100% agree. This does take some time currently (as we have to
decompress some files from the lzma archives) but this is currently
done using my AMD Athlon Neo Microserver with spinning rust drives.
Using something XEONy and SSDy it'd be orders of magnitude faster. Are
we sure that we're using createrepo_c for composes? I know we *used*
to be the old python one for some reason.

Richard.