On 03/07/2018 04:07 PM, Jan Chaloupka wrote:

On 03/07/2018 04:02 PM, Jan Chaloupka wrote:

On 03/07/2018 03:50 PM, Robert-André Mauchin wrote:
On mardi 6 mars 2018 12:47:40 CET Jan Chaloupka wrote:
Hi Robert-André,

thank you for your patience and all comments pointing out pieces that
are not working as expected.
Introduction of new macros is a time-consuming process and it requires
resilience so we keep up till the state
where the macros are generally usable for a lot of our use cases. Making
the packaging experience as easy as possible at the same time.

Can we already use the new guidelines in "production"? Should I recommed their use in the Golang Package Review? Or should we still wait for you to adjust
the finer details?

Go for it :) We still can not guarantee the macros will not change their API but the macro names and their flags are solid. We could introduce more flags if needed. However, most of the changes are in macro implementation only.
In case there is macro incompatible change we will let you know.

Saying that, I will prepare new builds of gofed so the new spec files are generated with the new macros.

F27 gofed build: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-52f059bf00 F28 gofed build: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-13edd2e62f

Nicolas, can you more elaborate on that? I don't see any more reason why we should block folks from relying on the new macros.

Also will this be available for EPEL7 too?

I hope they will be. Thought, it will be not so trivial cause RHEL has different policies. It will take some time.

Best regards,

Robert-André