On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 12:26:31PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 01:07:27PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > So I see only 2 alternatives:
> > a) keep comps as it is now, including optional packages, OR
> > b) undeprecate the RPM Group tag, readd it to all Fedora packages, and
> >    switch back to it.
> > Any other plan will completely break Dnfdragora.
>
> Well, or "find plan c and work to make sure it's integrated in future versions
> of dnfdragora".  The RPM Group tag is very inflexible — even beyond the
> "dewey decimal system" problem where the categories we had weren't very
> forward-thinking, they don't allow packages to be part of more than one
> group, and depend on the package maintainer rather than on group curation.

Stupid idea, pagure offers the possibility to "tag" projects. Could this be
useful?
We could then export this list of tags via a cron job and reintegrate this data
where we then want/need it.

Pros:
- support multiple tags (comma delimited)
- in the hands of the packager (cf Kevin Kofler's email)
- not in comps

Cons:
- it's a free-form input field, so packager could add anything and everything
  including things we do not care about.
  -> So maybe we need a list of categories we care about somewhere and we only
  integrate packages having one or more of these categories and ignore all the
  other ones

Pierre