Le samedi 22 septembre 2018 à 11:38 -0700, Adam Williamson a écrit :

> But at the same time I think Matt's right that comps -at least as it's
> currently set up - is kind of a really *bad* way of doing this, and
> that seems fairly well demonstrated by the problem I'm trying to solve
> - that comps has tons of broken entries in it. Just from looking
> through the file as I do this, I really suspect that no-one is
> maintaining quite a lot of the groups and the packages in them may
> well just not make much sense any more.

That's a QA problem

But really, the problem is not the comps format, it's that any kind of
classification activity is both tedious and optional (if you know how to
classify a package you do not need the classification in the first
place), rots fast in presence of high package churn, and can only work
long term with lots of janitorial involvement (both human and
automated).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot