On 04 Oct 2018, at 23:32, Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> The fact is, the world has moved away from quoted mail with inline replies.
> Top posting rules basically everywhere except hold-out old-school mailing
> lists. Gmail, both on the web and _especially_ on mobile, makes it almost
> impossible to do quoting and inline replies properly. I can't imagine other
> big consumer email providers are much better.

Top posting rules where people talk at each other. This is common in the
corporate world where email is treated like letter writing.

When people are having a conversation with each other, you reply like this. In
the corporate world, I often see people struggle putting their responses in red
text, or in caps, instead of quoting properly. Quoting properly isn’t “old
school” or “hold out”, it’s basic courtesy.

I don’t find quoting on mobile particularly difficult (speaking for iPhone).

Regards,
Graham
—