On 9/23/19 3:22 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
Ty,

I understand your frustration, but please consider whether your
approach is constructive. "Friends" is one of the four foundations of
the Fedora community and starting the thread with insults goes beyond
the bounds of healthy disagreement. Please keep our Code of Conduct[1]
in mind as you participate in Fedora.

Then you also understand the entire thread was made *because* Fedora was being in inconsiderate and disrespectful to both Nvidia, myself, and other developers, right? Please, don't start with the "rules for me, not for thee" nonsense. I wasn't the first to start this, by far. I brought this issue up months ago *very* nicely and was basically told it's Nvidia's fault without anyone actually knowing what was going on. Fedora's unwillingness to play well with others who don't agree with their Open Source ideology has been a long standing issue and hypocritically breaks its own CoC. Maybe you should have a meeting about that?

I understand a basic level level of decency is required, but that decency goes both ways and it absolutely hasn't been. If you find anything wrong with what is said, point the specific case out and do so publicly. I have idea what exact part of the CoC was broke and cannot make any changes as a result nor will I be intimidated by private email threats.

These CoC's that your type like to use are just weapons of hypocrisy used to be abused by silencing others. Worse yet, they result in loss of productivity. Anyone else notice the Linux kernel's quality has went down since Linus started acting all nice? I sure have! IIRC, there was a nice bug that resulted in Steam not launching. What's the number one rule in the kernel? Don't break user space. Yeah, that went out the window real fast didn't it? It could be coincidence, but I've used Linux for many years before that and never had an issue. The kernel has always been the most well tested part of Linux by far.

...but I digress.

[1] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/

--
Ben Cotton