On 06. 12. 19 17:36, Miro Hrončok wrote:
Today I've attempted to run "dnf upgrade".

It has the following in it:

Upgrading:
protobuf  x86_64  3.6.1-6.module_f31+6793+1c93c38e  updates-modular

Enabling module streams:
  ant
  eclipse
  maven

I don't consider this behavior adequate for a released Fedora version.

As a maintainer of dependent packages (Cura stack) I have tested and built it against the nonmodular protobuf. What just happened here and how do I track it down?

dnf doesn't even tell me what module is this in. I suppose eclipse.

However, protobuf was not mentioned in https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2285

More to it, the modular protobuf disables Python support in:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/protobuf/c/69b7a51fd87239ebc71c3c2e27ec852a19b99e7b?branch=eclipse

My packages explicitly require protobuf for Python support. This is breaking
them.

--
Miro Hrončok