On Fri, 2019-12-06 at 17:40 +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> On 06. 12. 19 17:36, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > Today I've attempted to run "dnf upgrade".
> >
> > It has the following in it:
> >
> > Upgrading:
> > protobuf  x86_64  3.6.1-6.module_f31+6793+1c93c38e  updates-modular
> >
> > Enabling module streams:
> >   ant
> >   eclipse
> >   maven
> >

> > I don't consider this behavior adequate for a released Fedora version.
> >
> > As a maintainer of dependent packages (Cura stack) I have tested and built
> > it
> > against the nonmodular protobuf. What just happened here and how do I track
> > it
> > down?
> >
> > dnf doesn't even tell me what module is this in. I suppose eclipse.
> >
> > However, protobuf was not mentioned in https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2285
>
> More to it, the modular protobuf disables Python support in:
>
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/protobuf/c/69b7a51fd87239ebc71c3c2e27ec852a19b99e7b?branch=eclipse
>
> My packages explicitly require protobuf for Python support. This is breaking
> them.

Probably caused by this:

https://pagure.io/releng/fedora-module-defaults/c/eced70a03ad4c97987b26655de64debc881c5cf4?branch=f31

That protobuf build is indeed in the eclipse module:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1398456 - note
its tags are all 'module-eclipse-something'.

Stephen?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey