Richard Shaw wrote:
> I guess I should say that part of my problem is that:
>
> 1. I didn't ask for/want a module.

This is exactly the problem with default module streams and why we (Miro
Hrončok and several other people including me) want to ban them.

Modules should not be forced onto users.

> I guess I understand some programs needed a specific/older version of
> something as a "good" reason to put something in a module,

And I think modules are inherently the wrong answer to that because they
are, by design, not parallel-installable. A parallel-installable
compatibility package should be used instead.

> but I'm finding myself more a purest and I don't think we should have more
> than one source of "truth", or in this case, multiple ways to fulfill a
> dependency.

Indeed. I agree.

        Kevin Kofler