On 6/29/20 1:57 PM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 3:45 pm, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@gnome.org> wrote:
We might need to explicitly disable systemd-udev-settle.service during the system upgrade to turn it off?

Doesn't work... I tried 'systemctl disable systemd-udev-settle.service' and rebooted again, and it's still running. I tried 'systemd-analyze plot' and I see it takes 11 seconds during boot! I think the culprit is dmraid-activation.service (not dmraid.service). Did you get the name of the service wrong in the change proposal, or have I misunderstood?

Unrelated: looking at my systemd-analyze plot, other startup time offenders are NetworkManager-wait-online.service (9.5 seconds, seems egregious, I wonder why this is necessary?) and grand prize winner abrtd.service (requiring an amazing 30 seconds!)

But that should be running concurrently. Does the plot show anything important waiting for it? Your desktop should be able to load before that service is finished starting.