Hi Kevin,

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 1:26 AM Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 01:03:05AM +0100, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> >
> > I don't think that packagers should *ever* be in the business of
> > modifying the content of users' $HOME directories.
>
> In fact this has happened before in the past, leading to:
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_no_files_or_directories_under_srv_usrlocal_or_homeuser
> ie, it's forbidden. Dont do this.
>
> The app itself/upstream might come up with a way to detect the old
> settings and offer to fix them for users? Or just do so... ?

I was aware of our policy, in my panic I was asking if there was a way
to bend the rules to get out of this catch-22. Both of Kalev's sober
suggestions made me go "duh!" (hats off to Kalev) and I'm going to
hold off on the update until I've discussed this with the upstream
developer.
I am so grateful for "git reset --hard HEAD~" right now…

Thank you all,
Alex