I don't understand where my reply is supposed to go so here it is on the
mailing list *and* on the forums? Are the change proposal owners reading both?

--

Perhaps this is implicit in the use of eos-* but I seem to be missing a list of
what metrics would be collected exactly and what is contained in messages

Is this change request meant to discuss the general idea and acceptance level
of adding opt-out metrics collection in Fedora?

One of the main goals of metrics collection is to analyze whether Red Hat is
achieving its goal to make Fedora Workstation the premier developer platform
for cloud software development.

Could you please motivate on how metrics collection on which IDE is ran on
Fedora systems would help Red Hat achieve making Fedora the premier developer
platform for cloud software development?

Occasionally, Red Hat might need to collect specific metrics to justify
additional time spent on contributing to Fedora or additional investment in
Fedora.

Fedora is upstream; collecting these metrics on RHEL systems seems like a saner
place to put them if it’s to steer Red Hat prioritizations?