As a non-user of Gnome 3 who normally never runs any Gnome 3 settings
programs, I get the impression that Fedora 40 will begin accumulating
unused metrics somewhere in the filesystem. To prevent a constantly
growing waste of storage space, I'll have to run one of two Gnome 3
settings programs – which may or may not require starting a Gnome 3
desktop session – and find the right switch to either turn on uploading
or turn off collection. I'll have to remember to do that after
upgrading around a year from now, and also on any new installations in
the distant future.

If my impression is wrong, then the change proposal needs to be amended.

Björn Persson